With these FAQs, we should try to be product neutral and just give facts, or when facts are not available, quote 'common logic'. These FAQs may not be all encompassing, but they are meant to fill in the majority of knowledge gaps, shorten your personal research time, and narrow your future search parameters.
If we get the permission from the author, we could migrate the following FAQs to pages on this site. Until then we'll link to this great Subaru forum.
Information source - NASIOC, author - unabomber
- ScoobyMods – Lots of good do-it-yourself installation guides
- NorthUrsalia.com (formerly Ravensblade-impreza.com) – More installation guides (with degree of difficulty ratings) and lots of good technical documents
- UncleMeat’s WRX Manifesto – similar to Unabomber’s NASIOC post, this one is on the Cobb forum and covers engine mods, suspension upgrades, wheel offsets, etc.
- Cobb AccessPort Knowledge Base – official answers to questions regarding use of the Cobb AP
- 2002 WRX Service Manual - online posting of the factory service manual (pdf files) for 2002 WRX
- 2004 Sti Service Manual – online posting of the factory service manual for the 2004 Sti
- Turbo Selection: A Guide to Understanding Flow Maps - Good article on how to read turbocharger compressor maps
- Ecutek Engine Tuning Article - Explains ECU maps, fuel injector characteristics, and ignition timing (including base timing, IAM, KC, etc.)
- Here is a link to a how-to that Ri22o wrote on swapping an 04 STi steering wheel into an 02 and retaining cruise control.
- Horsepower worksheet (extreme beta, the math and logic is sound, though):
- DIY to changing out the stock bleed solenoid for any 3-port solenoid.
Information source - Technical Information Resources topic on Central Indiana Impreza Club Forum