Getting Started Items
What can I do with my ECU using the software referenced on Scoobypedia?
A number of free software tools are referenced from this site allowing you perform the following:
- realtime monitoring and logging
- reading/saving your ECU image to disk
- graphically viewing and altering your ECU maps
- rewritting/flashing your ECU
I want to experiment with these ECU tools, what do I need?
All of the ECU tools require a cable connecting your computer to the diagnostics (OBDII) port on your vehicle. Reading/Flashing the ECU requires a Tactrix (OpenPort) cable available HERE. Following that you'll need one or more of the following tools depending on your requirements:
- EcuFlash [Colby Boles / openecu.org] - free Subaru and Mitsubishi ROM flashing and editing software
- RomRaider [Jared Gould / romraider.com] - open source Subaru ROM editor and logger (formerly Enginuity)
- EcuExplorer [Calvin Cestari / tari.co.za] - open source Subaru logger and code reader
- EcuEdit [epifan / epifan software] - shareware Subaru and Mitsubishi ROM editor and logger