This is a 'marmite' project - you'll either love it or hate it. For those that want to illuminate the Subaru logo badge on your front grill then read on.
1. Cut front of grille out where the badge would normally sit, leaving the little sunk ridge all the way round:
2. Cut out the back of an old DVD or CD case (7cm x 10cm) mount LED bank and glue to back of grille
3. Take old badge (or buy a new shiny one :P) remove black from the back of the badge using nail varnish remover, leaving it see through with the silver stars. Spray a thin coat of white enamel gloss and glue to front of grille:
4. Chop out side light connections, re-connect +/- of LEDs & sidelight to orinial wires using a "chop-block":
The Finished Article
There you have it, chavvy or funky? You decide.
- LED Bank - £7 (Darms of SN)
- Genuine Badge - £22.55 (Cotswolds Subaru, Witney)
- White Enamel - £3 approx (Halfords)
Information Source - SIDC forum thread, Glowing Subaru Badge Project