Subaru disk and calliper
This article applies to the Newage Impreza's however might well be applicable to Classic's also.
To remove the rear disks:
- Ensure the handbrake is off - make sure the car can't roll anywhere!
- Undo calipers - there are 2 big bolts.
- Disks should then slide off.
- If necessary back of the shoe adjusters a little. There are 2 oval holes in the backplate behind the axle, use a flat blade screwdriver to engage with the notches in the adjuster and lever them round a couple of clicks.
- If the disk is still stuck, put a set screw in each of the threaded holes in the face of the disk bell and wind them in till the disk pops off.
Information source - SIDC forum thread How Does The Rear Brake Disks Come Off?