Why would you want to adjust the wastegate arm for your turbo? Perhaps you are not hitting your desired boost, want to cure boost fluctuation or overboost or improve spool up. One thing is for sure, if you do not already know why you want to alter this please stop now! Only do this if you know what you are doing.
Adjusting wastegate arm procedure
With reference to the illustration below:
- Remove "C-CLIP" from the WG Actuator (Do not drop this!)
- Loosen the WG Adjuster nut with 10mm wrench
- Remove the Adjuster from the WG Flapper by pulling up.
- Shorten the length of the arm to increase boost, opposite to decrease.
- Place Adjuster back onto the WG Flapper.
- Place "C-CLIP" back onto the locker.
- Tighten 10mm Adjuster nut to finish.
It is recommended going in half turn increments while adjusting this. If you are overboosting then loosen the arm by 1/2 turn increments until you're hitting the desired boost in 4th gear under full load.
Image Borrowed from MisterWRX @ NASIOC
Figure 1 - Adjusting Wastegate Arm
OpenSourceROMs forum, How to adjust your WG arm, author - ev8siv3